Friday, September 7, 2012

My Hello Kitty Birthday Girl

Well. This certainly worked out well ... I made Hello Kitty party favors for my granddaughter's 4th birthday party tomorrow and the first challenge at Cut It Up is "Anything Goes"!

So here's some of the fun I've been having with my Cricut:



 
I love making name banners for my g-kids! Banners are quick, easy cuts using the Art Philosophy Cartridge from Close To My Heart. The Hello Kitty pieces were cut using Cricut's Hello Kitty Cartridge. The polka-dot paper was from my scraps bin, all other papers are from Close To My Heart.
I really love the CTMH cardstock for Cricut cuts. It's sturdy without being too stiff or thick. The smooth surface makes it easier to adhere pieces to a blackout cut. Add some glitter glue, ribbon, a sprinkle of Nana-loves-you and this is what happens!
 
 



These are party goodie bags made with the Hello Kitty cartridge, plain white lunch bags, and some curling ribbon. I made 20 of these in no time ... super easy! It felt like I was dropping off a box of kittens this morning when I delivered these! (Dana would have loved that .... her Daddy, not so much!)

And here she is ...
Hello Kitty's biggest fan and the Best Hugger in the Whole World!
Happy 4th Birthday Dana Rose!
*******
 
Thanks for stopping by ... hope you can join in on the fun at Cut It Up.
You have until September 19th to enter the "Anything Goes" challenge!

12 comments:

  1. They are precious, Marg! and great timing! I've been looking for a birthday theme for my girls upcoming birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable project. I'm sure Miss Dana Rose (lover her name) will love it! Happy birthday to her. Thanks for joining us this week at Cut It Up Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! What a fun party idea. Thanks for playing with us at Cut It Up Challenges. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Love the goodie bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome party favors! I love the Hello Kitty goodie bags! And the banner is perfect! Love the bows on it! I'm sure your granddauther will have a great party! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I love what you did for Dana! I think there's a whole lot of Nana-loves-you in this whole thing!! She is going to be so proud showing off her Hello Kitty!! I am so glad that you played at Cut it Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!! I just adore hello kitty and these party decorations and goodies are cute!! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges!
    Kimberly
    Cut It Up Co-Founder

    ReplyDelete
  8. You put together a great party set!! Thanks for sharing with us and playing along at Cut It UP Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable project. My daughter would love this! Thanks for joining us this week at Cut It Up Challenges!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These party projects are all so cute!! I love them all and she is going to have a blast even more with this kind of party!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cut It Up Challenges!

    Jennifer
    http://scrapinexpecttheunexpected.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I bet she loved it! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey
    Cut It Up Co-Founder

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kitty is perfect for a little girl's party! Very nice job on the banner and bags. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for entering our first challenge at Cut It Up!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!