Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Studio J: VP Summer Vacation

One thing about family camping trips .... I take tons of photos. August 2011 was no exception. After going through my look-delete-sort-edit process, and gathering photos from the other shutterbugs in the family, we wound up with 432 keepers. That's alot!

What do I do with a batch like that? Well, I don't scrapbook all of them. I picked the best of the best, created a 33 page Shutterfly hardcover photobook, waited for a 40% off sale, ordered several copies and gave them for Christmas gifts. You can view that book online HERE.
  
Next, I had an offer from Shutterfly for 101 free prints. I chose shots that I thought could be used for traditional scrapbook pages and challenge projects. I chose the shots that tell a story about a particular person, a personal reflection, or a captured memory. You can see a couple of examples HERE and HERE.

Then, there's my Year in Review albums. This is where I revert back to my "chronological habit" and create an album that features family highlights. Thanks to development of digital scrapbooking, I'm able to keep up with my YIR album so I can play with paper creating cards, mini albums, gifts, and traditional pages. In other words, I satisfy my need to be chronological in documenting family life, and I get to go off the beaten path, dig in, and get more "artsy" with papers, inks, and tons of other fabulous products! Its the best of both worlds for me and I'm lovin' it!

Here are the  Studio J layouts I created for my YIR 2011 album:

I used random photos that caught the feel of the trip .... outdoors, water, happy kids, family time, and smiles galore. 

I placed some journaling on top of the photos and I used the journal block to mention the Shutterfly book that contains the entire photo collection.

One tip I'd like to share today: When you find that you have a huge number of photos from a particular event .... like vacations, weddings, holidays, reunions .... Deal with the photos before you start any projects. Sort-Delete-Edit-Upload. If you take care of the photos first, they'll be readily available for anything you choose to do with them.

Thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch .....
..... your comments are always welcome and appreciated!



1 comment:

  1. I love both! I think you did an excellent job of capturing the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!