Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's the most Craftacular Time of the Year!

Let's face it fellow papercrafters ..... most of us are planning, plotting, and shopping supplies for our busiest creative time of year. Back to School-Autumn-Halloween-Thanksgiving-Holidays .... you know it! In my family we get the double whammie with a total of eight birthdays in November and December! All so much fun and "craftacular'!

One of my rules when things are busy is: "Keep it simple". When I'm crunched for time I like to stick with the supplies I have on hand and stay within my "skill level". In other words, I avoid shopping new product or learning new tricks. For me, those two activities can be time consuming and unproductive. I want to have {FUN} creating gift items, cards, and holiday decor. After all, that's what it's all about.

Here's a great example of some easy-peasy gift tags created with supplies I already owned:

I mass produced a dozen of each of these tags in about 45 minutes.

It took me an hour and 15 minutes to make two dozen of these.
So, it took me about two hours to produce a total of 48 tags, all ready to go, no muss, no fuss!
Supplies used:
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (Close To My Heart)
"Believe" paper pack (CTMH) and coordinating inks
Stamp Set "December 25th" #C1469 page 102 of the current CTMH Idea Book
Buttons, blings, stickles, glitter, string from misc stash.

Tags are a great way to use up your stash of papers, ribbon, bling, and buttons. I'll keep these handy for gift giving but don't forget that tags are great additions to cards and scrapbook pages as well! Handcrafted tags put that extra special touch on gifts of baked goods, candles, wine bottles, or gift cards.

Here's a tip: Check the mark-down bins at your local office supply store for bulk packages of shipping tags. They make terrific bases that are ready to decorate .... Simple + Fun = Craftacular!
signature

1 comment:

  1. They are all so cute! I agree, if you're not having fun in your craft room, then it's time to change what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!