Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Studio J Training

Just 10 days away from the Regional Conference in Detroit and I'm so excited to be going! This event is just one of many great training opportunites offered by Close To My Heart. In fact, they gave each attending consultant a free Studio J 5-Pack with specific technique training for each layout. We'll be receiving our prints "in-person" at the conference next week and I'm excited to see our finished projects!

If you aren't familiar with Studio J, you can get the lo-down right HERE.
This is CTMH's digital service for creating beautiful layouts, have them printed, and delivered to you complete with page protectors!

Here are the 5 layouts I created using the specific instructions we were given:


"Nana's Little Nature Lover" features photos taken while on vacation in August. The paper kit is Elemental .... the very same one available in the latest Idea Book.


"Home & Hearth" created with the Mischief paper pack. See ... Halloween papers and embellies can be put to use for other themed layouts! A few minor adjustments and a way you go! In this case, these are photos of my grandfather at his old farm.


"Hook-Line-Sinker" is another example of using a paper pack for an altered theme. In this case I used the Typeset papers, typically seen as a school-themed paper, to talk about the family's biggest fishing fan and how "it's all about the numbers."

"Moments in Time" Utilizes the Sonoma paper pack as the backdrop for some of my favorite family heritage photos. While this layout is pretty simple, I love the details in the stitching around each photo ..... one of many new Studio J tricks I learned!

"An Everlasting Love" takes a look back at my sister's wedding day 20 years ago. I used the Winter Wonderland paper pack even though she was a June bride! How's that for digital flexibility!

Here are a few of things I like the most about Studio J:

1. There's no upfront cost for software or digi kits. It's all done online and doesn't take up space on your computer.

2. No long term commitments! You can go online and give it a try! If you decide you'd like to purchase your project, I recommend starting off with a 5-pack and going from there. If you're totally amazed, you can climb on board for memberships that offer the most cost effective options.

3. The Studio J website offers some of the best how-to videos to get you started. No getting lost in software at Studio J .... the "HELP" button really does have the answers!

4. Your layouts are delivered right to your door, complete with CTMH's high quality, archivial page protectors. You just won't find that kind of service anywhere else!

If you have any questions about Studio J or any of the latest and greatest from Close To My Heart, contact me at theparge@gmail.com or visit my website and do a little browsing!

Also, if you might be interested (even a little) in joining the CTMH team, we'd love to have you at Rose Blossom Legacies. Just click on "Join My Team" and Brenda will be most helpful in answering all of your questions!

signature

1 comment:

  1. Talk about rockin' Studio J! Your argyle is fabulous! I didn't do the "x" stitching, but rather a straight stitch. So many great techniques, and that was a great learning experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!