Saturday, October 1, 2011

Boot Camp: GP's and Smoke Alarms

Yes, I'm playing Boot Camp Catch-Up and triggering smoke alarms as I work feverishly to get a couple  tasks completed by Saturday night ..... you'd understand my rush if you could see the fabulous prizes up for grabs!

This is an 8.5x11 page I created using a template by the always hilarious Cathy Zielske She's a self-professed "scrappin' and chub fightin' fool" .... for real.

Kraft, Sunset, and Olive cardstock w/inks
Chocolate Waxy Flax, Olive emboss powder
Art Philosophy cartridge and coordinating stamp.
I kept it simple so that the focus is on the journaling. Angie Lucas gave us a "Guiding Principles" quiz and instructed us to answer the questions in 7 minutes, then use the next 3 minutes to translate our answers into a statement. Well, it took me about an hour to complete the quiz and I'm still working on the final statement! Awesome and very worthwhile journaling exercise. Thanks Angie!
In the meantime, I used some of Angie's prompts to document my guiding principles as they exist today, right now, at this moment.



Oh, and the deal about the smoke alarm ......

Boot Camp: Embossing Drill
Stamping Drill Instructor Nichol Magouirk
This little embossed gem right here is the culprit. I like this stamp and cricut cut from Close To My Heart so much that I decided to make several of them all at one time and in a variety of colors. It's pretty handy to have a few extra autumn leaf embellies around this time of year. Long story short .... too much embossing in a small room can lead to smoke alarm activation ... no fire, very little smoke, and a stinky hallway ..... nothing opening a few windows didn't cure by bedtime! Al just shook his head, rolled his eyes, and returned to the man-cave and TV. If he could see the fabulous prizes up for grabs, he'd totally understand!
signature

1 comment:

  1. You always make me smile - and inspire me to be a better journaler. I am going to set a goal to work on a project like this in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!