Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Boot Camp: Designing with Grids

Another design session with Lisa Dickenson at Ella Boot Camp. This page was done using one of several grid techniques that Lisa talked about. I'm a grid-girl all day long and it just so happens that for the previous assignment, using patterend papers, I used a grid to design that page! So, I thought it would be nice to create a second page about my brother's birthday party!


Again, I used Close To My Heart's Elemental papers, and coordinating inks.
I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the letters, and I used the Type Face Alpha and a little paint to stamp the word "surprise".
Here's what the spread looks like.
I'll go back and add some journaling and maybe a few more little "things" here and there ... but for now .... I'm off-duty!

signature

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you did the second page! I love how it all ties together - and the use of cardstock - WOWIE! You did a great job on this two-pager!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and beautiful LO for these fun photos! Love the banner and layered title! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!