Monday, August 8, 2011

Nugget Candy Gift Box Tutorial

A few people have emailed me asking about the candy box I made for my Papercraft Star post on Thursday 8/4/2011. Here 'ya go .....

First off, I didn't just come up with this on my own. I caught onto this and other really wonderful little gift ideas HERE at Clear Dollar Stamps. I encourage you to check it out!

Here are the supplies you'll need:

Hershey's Nuggets
 (the large bag sells for $8.88 at Wal-Mart)
Hinged candy tin with clear top
($1.99 each at LSS or buy in bulk HERE)

Peel & Stick Address Labels
(30 per sheet, anywhere office supplies are sold)

Your choice of stamps and inks

I used Clear Dollar Stamps Too Sweet nugget set for this project but you can use many other background and sentiment stamps as well.

Apply stamping to the label sheets. Remember, you have 30 labels per sheet so have some fun and experiment. For instance, second generation stamping gives you a varied color scheme.

Apply one label to each nugget:


Arrange nuggets in the tin:

Wrap the tin with ribbon or a strip of coordinating paper:


Add a little 3x3 card and you have a really cute and inexpensive gift thats sure to please anyone!


{By the way .... you can eat a nugget or two during the course of this project!}
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I have always used paper for the nuggets but the labels are genious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make these and the box, too! Now, I'm going to have to make some more (and maybe eat some chocolate, too)! These are cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!