Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dream Job

I was pondering the Dream Job challenge over at Better Living Through Scrapbooking last week. I really wasn't coming up with anything. Not that I already have a dream job, I was just drawing a blank.

Then, off in the distance I hear the happy chiming of an ice cream truck. Childhood memories of the mad scramble to find loose change around the house came rushing back. It seemed to take forever for the little boxy truck to make it down to the corner we lived on. But when it did .... oh boy! How I loved those Chocolate Eclairs on a stick! My brothers were all about Bomb Pops and Fudgicles. We all walked away with smiles on our faces and the rest of the day seemed to go by without an unkind word between us! Kind of magical.

So, flash-forward to the present. Bingo! My dream job! If I had an ice cream truck, I'd be selling cool treats and spreading a little cheer on hot summer days. Who doesn't like the ice cream truck? Heck, I'd even stock Skinny Cow bars for those of us (me) who need to avoid those Chocolate Eclairs on a stick!

I didn't use a photo. Sometimes there just isn't a photo to go along with a page theme. But, the story can still be told. In this case, I journaled about a current event (record setting heat wave), a fond childhood memory (our ice cream truck), and a funny dream (operating an ice cream truck). Gets the job done!

I learned this little trick last year when Better Living Through Scrapbooking threw out a challenge to scrapbook a page without a photo. Here's the page I did last year:
http://ididnthavepotatoes.blogspot.com/2010/08/papercraft-therapy.html
The thing I love best about the challenges over at BLTS is the whole "think outside the box" approach. This week's challenge is all about our "Pet Peeves". Face it .... we've all got one or two! Come on over and join in the fun. The more, the merrier!

Supplies used for "Dream":
Paper = American Craft Heat Wave
Stamps = Close To My Heart & Hero Arts
Paper Punch = Martha Stewart
Ice Cream Truck =  Google Images (free)
Inks = Archival Black & Gel Pen
Title Letters = Thickers
Cricut catridge = Hello Kitty
Bling = misc stash
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!