Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good Reads

In case anyone is looking for more summer reading material:

I just finished this one last night:

Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped at age 11 and held captive for 18 years. This is her memoir, story of survival, and message of hope for all the world to read. The book is written in her own words and from her point of view during her horrible ordeal and now, during this new time of healing and recovery. Jaycee is an amazing young woman. I'm still trying to comprehend how she was able to get through years of painful abuse and come away having retained hope and a heart of gold. A must read for grown-ups only.

I've been wanting to share this little gem as well:

While I'm not much a circus fan, I am a bit of a history buff and love stories that intertwine personal tales and historical fact. I found my interest wasn't so much in the "love story" as it was in the sad story of the old time circus itself. Another very interesting aspect of the story was that it flowed back and forth between the main character's life back in the old traveling circus days and his life in present time as an elderly man struggling with life in a nursing home. This book has been on the bestseller list for a long time and I'm glad I finally took the time to pick it up and give it a read.

Warning: "Water for Elephants" could inspire page layouts, cards, party papercrafting, and other assorted fun!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!