Saturday, October 1, 2016

RB Hop: Playing with Yuletide Joy

Welcome!

There's a new Stamp of the Month today and the Rose Blossoms are here to share a few ideas. You likely hopped over from Brenda ..... hows that for some serious inspiration!
Our hops travel in a circle so you can "hop-on" anywhere and land back where you started to complete the tour! There's a list at the bottom of this post in case you need it.

******************************


Here's the lovely October Stamp of the Month:
"YULETIDE JOY"
Available HERE until October 31st


When I first saw this set I thought of cards and gift tags right away. Not really sure of where I might go with this, I simply dug in and started playing with the images. Then the Embossing Powder and Craft Heater came out. Next, the "Oh Deer" Papers and Complements, some Gold Twine, and a Thin Cut.

One thing led to another and the finished project wasn't a card or a tag after all!


This sampler style page is destine to be the title page for this year's Christmas Album. It includes many of my holiday favorites ... the color red, bells, silver and gold (because I can never pick which one I like most), the quiet beauty of nature, peace, love, hope, and joy.


 Our new Color of the Year "Sea Glass" is a wonderful addition to my holiday color palette. I was so surprised at how well it does with the more traditional reds and greens. I used the "Noel" sentiment to create a tone-on-tone background with Sea Glass cardstock and dye ink.


As long as I had the embossing powder out, I decided to "dress up" that deer. His antlers, tail, and feet are all polished and ready to prance in the holidays!


You can find these and many, many other beautifully coordinated products HERE!

Thanks for hopping with the Rose Blossoms! 
We simply adore doing these twice-monthly hops and hope you come away inspired and motivated!

Your next stop is SHELLY who never lets us down when it comes to "pretty"!

Here's your Hop Route:

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Marg! Really gorgeous! I love how you worked so many of the images into your project. I agree, seaglass is a lovely addition to the Christmas color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use a sampler pattern! This layout is just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! Love all the ideas here! Your prancing, gold-tipped reindeer is super but I think I like the silver and gold bells the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely divine!! I think I like the deer's antlers the best because that is so creative!! Something I never would have thought of, and now I will be lifting that idea from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! And what a great way to show that a card or tag can become a layout. I love taking designs that were meant for one thing but use them for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Would you bring this to the crop so I can look at it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well darn, I was so not going to buy that paper pack but seeing your amazing sampler page has really opened my eyes to the possibilities. Thanks a lot, Marg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooooo yummy...every single detail. What a perfect title page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!