Monday, August 15, 2016

RB Hop: #Explore Rustic Fundamentals




Welcome to another Rose Blossom Blog Hop!
This time around, we were asked to create with either the new Uptown or Rustic Home Fundamental Collections by Close To My Heart

You may have just visited "Uptown Girl" Lynn at her Bungalow which means you are on the right track! We RB's hop in a circle so you can begin at any stop and complete the hop by ending off where you started. Easy-peasy is how we roll ....  or should I say "Hop'!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I love the entire Fundamentals product line, I am especially pleased with the
  Rustic Home Collection. The woodsy grains and kraft papers with a hint of rose gold goodness and a trendy chevron will be a mainstay in my paper creations for the coming year.

{available now at margvp.closetomyheart.com}



I used the Rustic Home Collection to create the first of three layouts telling the story of a visit to the Northwest Fur Trade Company:


Just love that my g-kids are getting old enough to go on adventures that lead to history lessons!
Here's the link to NW Fur Trade Co in case you'd like to check it out sometime:


I would have never thought to embellish an outdoor-style layout with rose-gold accents or hearts ... but it worked so well using the All-Together Complements.  Nothing like picking up a new trick  simply by opening a zip-pouch full of CTMH embellishments!


Here are the stamps sets I used:
Marker Alphabet E1034 (love. love. love.)
Capture This D1702 (any set with journal lines and months is a keeper!)
D1707 Let's Go (a must have for explorers!)


Hope you're enjoying this creative hop with the Rose Blossoms ... we'll be back on September 1st with new Stamp of the Month creations!


Your next stop is SHELLY .... she's been a creatin' machine these days! L.O.V.E. I.T.


Here are all the blog stops for August 15th:

Lynn 
Marg -You are here!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you are a storyteller and fantastic scrapbooker! When I met you 8 years ago, you said you wanted to go places with your scrapbooking. Well, that you did, my friend!! This set of pages is filled with so much detail and care. I especially love the way that you used the embossed woodgrain. I will be lifting that idea! Wonderful, rustic, and it just plain makes you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, MVP, I've been missing our outdoorsy papers, but you really nailed it with this layout! LOVE it!!! I'll be borrowing it to chronicle a few of our hikes this fall. Thanks for the inspiration (as usual)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout, as usual. I love all the hashtag elements and many, many other details. Overall the layout is just so eye pleasing. I just love staring at the big picture ... And then zooming in to see the details ... And then zooming back out to see it all together again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this layout. I will definitely be scraplifting....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg, this is an awesome layout. All the little details are amazing and your stamping is great. I'll be scraplifting this along with the other girls! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You NEVER disappoint. I love everything you post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout! I am going to have to steal that design!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you would be telling another wonderful MVP story! I love the simplicity of this layout and all that yummy Kraft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!