Friday, July 15, 2016

RB Hop: Magical Scraps to Cards


Welcome!

You likely arrived from Lynn's Bungalow and saw something Magical ...
 not just because we're featuring Close To My Heart's Magical Paper Collection
but because magical is what Lynn does with paper and ink! 

Rose Blossom Hops move in a circle. You can start at any one of the stops and hop through until you land back where you started. The complete list is located at the end of this post in case you need it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So many scraps ... so little time! My table top is nearly covered in Magical paper scraps, Sequins {love}, partial sticker sheets, stamps, and inks. There's been lots of scrappin' going on here at the Tator Patch. I'm still working on photo placement so my layouts aren't ready to share just yet.

In the meantime I decided to challenge myself. First, to straighten up some my Magical happy-mess {I know there's a pair of micro tip scissors in there somewhere}, Next, to see how many cards I could make in one hour using my Magical scraps!

Here are the results:


Simply cut down a 6x4 pocket page card, popped up the heart circle, added cranberry twine and sequins ... done!

Used THIS emboss folder to create the background, Magical Complements stickers, cranberry twine, and a stamped banner from an Art Philosophy stamp set ... done! **However, this is the culprit that put me 18 minutes beyond my one hour limit. I still struggle with clusters a bit but practice make perfect!

Super easy!! Strip of Magical Paper and zip strips, a pocket card cut, popped, and stamped, shimmer trim, and a heart ... done!

Another quick one here. Pocket card matted with a Magical paper scrap, stamped banner and 2" circle, zip strip across the front and done!

So how did I do? ...

My Creative Score = 4 cards in 1 hour 18 minutes 
My Clean Up Score = ziltch, zippity-do-da, nada. 
My Fun Factor Score = 110% {and that's what counts}

Now. I'm sending you off to see what kind of Pretty Piece the talented SHELLY has for you.
{I'll be in my crafty space ... cleaning up!}

Thanks for hopping with the Rose Blossoms
See you on August 1st with new Stamp of the Month creations!

Your Hop Route:

Lynn
Marg - Your are here!
Shelly 
Kim Hill
Morgan
Mary Newman 


Find the Magical Paper Collection and other beautifully coordinated products here:



8 comments:

  1. What a great post!! I have scraps, and I am going to lift every single one of your ideas!! I love what you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these cards are so adorable. You were a crafting dynamo getting all that done in such a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made some incredible cards with just scraps - simple, easy and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your artwork is amazing. You are one of my very favorite artists! I'm always inspired by your clean artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg, I love what you created with your scraps! Really great cards!! And I love your score sheet-- gave me a giggle! So, did you ever find your scissors? 😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of cards! I love your self-motivated challenge. I have to tell you my other choice for a blog hop project looks a bit like your balloon card, lol. I will be using your cards for inspiration to use up some of my magical elements. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards and lots of humor to make a crafter smile! Your work is always so crisp and lovely. Great job Marg!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!