Friday, July 1, 2016

RB Hop: "L" is for ...



Welcome to another Stamp of the Month Blog Hop with the Rose Blossoms!

I usually follow Lynn on the hop route but she's busy with a kitchen remodel project this week!
 So ... I bet you came here via the ever talented and inspiring Brenda Rose!
I just spent six super-fun-inspiring days with Brenda at the Annual Close To My Heart Convention and let me tell you ... we came home with a whole lotta ideas and creative tips to share in the coming months!

*************************

Here's the July Stamp of the Month
"From the Notebook"


Available until July 31st
I'm kind of a sucker for any stamp set that allows me to add lines for journaling on pages and layouts. The little icon images lend themselves easily to planners or calendars, and how about that adorable name tag! Did you know? .... the  images outlined in red indicate cuts that can be found on our Artistry Cricut cartridge.

*********************


Here's how I used July's Stamp of the Month:

I made this simple page using my youngest g-kid's pre-school photo, scraps from the Calypso paper collection, and watercolor paint:

The idea for this page came from that big "L" Lily is holding in the photo. How clever of the school picture photogs to use letter props for the pre-schoolers!

The big "L" was cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge and custom-colored using watercolor paints. The file tab at the top of the photo and the mini notebook pages are also colored with watercolor paint. I'm taking a shine to using watercolor techniques on more and more of my projects. I little dab here, a brushstroke there, spatter-spatter ... It's fun and new and customizable too!



"List Journaling" is an easy way to add a fun message or story to any page or layout. In this case, I simply chose "L" words that are familiar to Lily or were recently found in books I read to her. The third little notebook sheet is a simple sentence to remind Lily that she's pretty special.

Your next stop on the hop will take you to see SHELLY who was very happy to find time to play with paper and ink this week. I'm very sure the results are fantastic, as always!

Thanks for hopping with the Rose Blossoms! 
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!




14 comments:

  1. So cute - I love how you watercolored and what you chose to watercolor (I always forget I can do this with titles, and using it on the journaling cards is great).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! What a precious layout!! I LOVE it!! The watercoloring is gorgeous and I love that you found so many words to describe Lily that begin with L. She is going to love this page you created for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever way to use this set on a scrapbook page! Pretty watercoloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness MVP this ROCKS!!! You definitely knocked it out of the park with this layout. Love everything about it. Your watercoloring is lovely (and so is Lilly)! I hadn't thought to cut out wee notebook pages for the journalling. Definitely need to try that. There's just so MANY details. (The stapled corner is a nice touch as well.) What a fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "L"ove how you used these Calypso paper and that you showcased that journal stamp! Your watercoloring is perfect! I agree, with Kim Hill....so many incredible details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used watercolors. I also love the rounded corners of your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used watercolors. I also love the rounded corners of your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page Marg...love all that watercoloring and the clever use of the sentiments in this set! Such a great page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page Marg...love all that watercoloring and the clever use of the sentiments in this set! Such a great page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable page! Love the watercolor effect, and you really rocked the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "L" is for LOVE and I love everything about this layout. The watercolored letter and journaling cards look beautiful with this awesome photo. You are so great at telling your story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LLLLLLove everything about this LLLLLayout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came here to say the I CAPITAL L love this page.Of course I'm late to the party with that cleverness BUT really. It's all the little things. I have studied and that folded corner with the staple ... fun stuff! Of course Lily is the star of the page so you were bound to make something Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!