Tuesday, March 15, 2016

RB Hop: Favorite A-List Stamp Sets!







WELCOME!
Willing to bet you just came from Lynn's Bungalow and saw something really lovely and inspiring! 

If this is your start point, no worries! You'll click through each Rose Blossom post and land right back here. We like easy and simply and hope you'll find inspiration along the way!
********************

With Stampaganza in full swing, we were asked to share artwork using our favorite stamp set. Well, my favorite stamp set is always the one sitting on my craft table at the time. Why not just go with that, right? Except, for the first time in ages my craft table was perfectly clear of clutter and all my stamp sets were put in their assigned bins ... really! Plan A was a no-go.

So , on to Plan B. I simply love my A-Stamp Sets. Hands down the easiest, cutest, and fun-loving little sets anywhere on the market. Not to mention they come with a very reasonable $6.95 price tag.

I got my stamping-start with "A" sets. For a beginner, they weren't intimidating. I was able to try stamping and learn various techniques with smaller images. Needless to say, I fell in love with stamping. These days I rarely create a layout without some sort of stamping, and manage to crank out a card or two without too much trouble. 

So ... I picked 3 of my favorite current A-Listers and created {or recreated} these little gems:

This card appeared in our first Annual Inspirations (page 95)
I updated the papers with Charlotte and used Pattern 21 in Make From Your Heart Vol 1
*This set is on my Top 10 A-List. Who doesn't need to hear those words every once in a while.
And "no" ... I did not succumb to sewing on paper! I used our  Stitch Guide and Foam Mat to create the illusion of me operating a sewing machine!




***********************



Dug into some scraps from Charlotte and whipped up this easy card.
I used the "merci beaucoup" sentiment to create a tone-on-tone background on the Sorbet strip.



**********************************

A1175 "Pen Pals"



Straight off page 26 of the current Annual Inspirations, this set of little note cards is super easy to make. Add a slim, fine tip pen and you have a great little gift too!




Many thanks for hopping with the Rose Blossoms

We'll be back on April 1st to show off a new Stamp of the Month

I'm sending you off to be inspired by the one and only
at Violets & Sunshine!

8 comments:

  1. I've always loved that tree card design, and I think your updated version is really lovely. And there's nothing like a simple but beautiful card - I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ on showcasing these great "A-Size" stamp sets. I love all these cards and will be lifting the idea of using the sentiments on the tiny banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marg....you are the Bomb! Love your style and everything you have done with the A stamp sets. Every one is so cute. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collection of cards and ideas. I've been intrigued with the pen pals set and I love your gift idea for it. You're good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be still my francophone little heart! Love the idea of using merci beaucoup in the background on the second card. I'll be lifting that for my next round of thank you notes! Brilliant! And Pen Pals is an absolute fave! But you've completely sold me on Keep Your Chin Up. I've been eying that for a while and I think eying should now turn to buying... Well done as always MVP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every single project is perfection! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Keep You Chin Up card with Charlotte. Sometimes I think I forget that we can pull out the old to combine with the new! I love that Pen Pals set and have a workshop coming up with it soon. Your set is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stamp set choices and I love the artwork you created with each set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!