Monday, August 10, 2015

Celebrate Cardstock!

My favorite Close To My Heart product has always been our exclusive cardstock. With 40 colors to choose from along with our Paper Fundamentals line, Kraft Cardstock, and Glitter Papers, I have a huge selection for any project I take on!

I featured our cardstock at the Convention Creativity Showcase last month with this layout:



I used Cranberry, Kraft, White Daisy, and Outdoor Denim cardstocks to create an Americana look  for these 4th of July photos.

The title and stars were cut using the Artbooking cartridge.
I used our Scoreboard and Sanding Kit to create texture and dimension.
I used coordinating inks to sponge the stars for that vintage-y look.

I guess my whole love of cardstock is this:
You don't always need "themed" papers to create a themed layout.
With the right cardstock and a few techniques you can let your imagination run wild!



Speaking of cardstock, our Enchantment Color Palette is getting a make-over on Sept 1st. We have 7 current colors going into retirement on Aug 31st with 7 new colors being introduced on Sept 1st! This is an exciting change and I'm looking forward to working with our updated palette!

In the meantime, check out a complete list of RETIRING CLOSE TO MY HEART PRODUCTS today! They are only available while supplies last!

Shop and Be Inspired 24/7

2 comments:

  1. Great layout. I like the way you accented it with the ribbons and the durable studs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder about sanding. It was just the touch I needed to finish up a Timberline layout. I'll share after September since I used some new stamp sets too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!