Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Outside My Box Anniversary Card

I've long admired the card on page 33 of the current Close To My Heart Idea Book. So when I heard that friends of ours were celebrating their 32nd Wedding Anniversary, I decided to dive in and swim entirely out of my comfort zone to recreate that beautiful card ... or at least give it a shot.


Surprise! I managed to pull it off!
It's not an exact match but I had enough substitute supplies on hand to make a few minor changes.


 
I've said this before and I think it's worth repeating:
One thing I love about Close To My Heart is that I can easily stick with my own style and enjoy great results. I can also venture outside the box, try something new and learn something about myself along the way. We need to explore and try new techniques, media, and color in order to spread our creative wings. Close To My Heart inspires me to do just that.
 
I encourage you to wander outside your style box in the near future.
You are going to surprise yourself ... guaranteed!
 
Thanks for peeking in!
Love and appreciate your comments .... have an inspired week!
 
Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Whisper, White Daisy, Cranberry
Inks: White Daisy Pigment, Whisper, Clear Stazon, Slate Alcohol Marker
Stamps Set: The Happy Couple
Silver Emboss Powder
Sparkles Flourishes, Clear Sparkles, Pearl Opaque Gems
Art Philosophy Cartridge
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I loved that card too. I have copied it twice with different colored rolled flowers to match the wedding. Glad I'm not the only one that enjoys recreating the cards in the Idea Book. Your card looks great. I love the red flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the idea book proud! Beautiful work (shhh... don't tell, but I think I like yours even better!!). Your friends will absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, Marg! This is a different style that what we usually see from you, and it suits you well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I think your friends will really enjoy it. You've inspired me to try this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I just love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!