Sunday, January 20, 2013

Studio J: Good Times

I know, I know! It's been nearly 3 weeks! Now that wedding festivities have come and gone around here, I can return to blogland! Ya!!

Just because I haven't blogged or participated in challenges recently doesn't mean I haven't been creating! Thanks to the wonders and ease of Studio J my 2012 Year in Review Album is complete! That's right .... even through the holiday season, a visit from the flu bug, and a flurry of wedding activities I was able to kick back in the evenings and create 10 beautiful layouts. 

I'll start by sharing this layout about a craft fair booth I shared with a fellow team member in November. This is the first time I've used one of Studio J's Express Collections layouts. Talk about fast and easy .... I dropped in and matted my photos, added a few stitches, and my journaling. That's it! About 30 minutes start to finish. 




Journal reads:
When the word got out that there was an opening for a Close To My Heart vendor at a local craft show, Crystal Heavrin and I knew opportunity was knocking! While this wasn't my first trade show, it was my first-very-own CTMH booth and it was Crystal's as well.

Crystal put together a gorgeous "Pear & Partridge" display, created a lovely home decor frame, and had some adorable tags ready to show off our new alcohol markers.
My displays included the Cricut Cartridges, Studio J, and the Advent Calender Workshop. Between the two of us, we had it covered like the crafty divas we are!

While Crystal and I are both members of the Rose Blossoms team, we had never met in person. Well, we hit it off just great! Turns out we have more in common than we knew.

Aside from our mutual love of papercrafting, neither one of us can pass a Caribou Coffee without fighting the urge to stop, we share a sort of snarky sense of humor, we don't eat cafeteria sloppy joes, we're not opposed to wearing fun head gear, we love our children beyond measure, strive hard to keep the faith, and know how to stand our ground when we have to.

We didn't set the world on fire with record setting sales but we did enjoy talking with people, demonstrating great product, and chatting with other vendors. We made notes on what we did right and what we need to do differently next time ... because there will be a next time!

The highlight of our day came near closing when our dear friend and team leader Brenda Rose paid us a visit. She had been working a nearby craft boutique that day as well. Crystal and Brenda were meeting in person for the first time making this surprise visit even more special for all of us.

Even though the day lacked significant financial gain, it was full of new found friendships, lessons in craft showmanship, and just plain good times.



If you are new to the Tator Patch you'll soon discover that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Studio J!
I'll be sharing all my newest layouts this week so come on back for more Studio J goodness.

Thanks for stopping by.... I appreciate my readers so much!


3 comments:

  1. Oh Marg, how I have missed your posts! Such a fabulous layout with even more fabulous journaling. What a tribute to the friendship you formed with Crystal! I wouldn't say I was the highlight - I would say that the seeing the two of you in sync made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout and glad you had such a good time at your craft show! I will have to get back into the Studio J mode again-- you have inspired me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is great. Looks like you two had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!