Monday, January 21, 2013

Studio J: Family Ties

I'm back today with two more Studio J layouts that landed in my 2012 Year in Review Album. This first layout consists of 16, count 'em 16 photos from Thanksgiving Sunday. I love this particular pattern. There was enough room for a photo of each family member just as they looked that day. It would take me days to create this layout via the traditional paper method. (not to mention the mess I'd make) Another reason to love Studio J .... the results I want without the mess!

I did create a mini album that documents all the photos from our family day. Go to this post http://ididnthavepotatoes.blogspot.com/2012/11/gratitude-mini-album.html to see how quick and easy that was!





Journaling reads:

Oh what a wonderful day! This is our day to celebrate, give thanks, and make memories as a family.
We had a full house complete with babies and fur kids! This was Connor and Lily's first Thanksgiving and Ryan was joining us for the first time as well. I was happy that Chelsee could break away from work for a couple of hours to be with us too.
Buddy did the honors of cutting the grilled turkey this year and it turns out I just can't make enough green bean casserole to satisfy every one's craving! As usual, most of us were too full to take on the pies. Good thing I made one for each household to send along with leftovers!
Besides being able to play outside, the fur-kids were especially pleased to get some extra treats from the dinner table .... seems we just can't resist those begging faces!

Layout #2 is another Studio J Express Collections layout. All the papers, title, and embellishments were ready for me.  I dropped dropped in my photos, and filled in the journal box. Express Collections gave me the option of changing the color of the title, add stitching, and add a journal box for the date.





Journaling reads:
We took full advantage of mild Thanksgiving Thursday weather to spend some time outdoors. Al did one more leaf cleanup while I tended the fire and stored planters. Within a few hours, temps dropped drastically. No worries for us ... we enjoyed our traditional prime rib dinner as we watched winter arrive with our first coating of snow.

I love going back and forth with Studio J tips and tricks ... if you have something new to share from your Studio J experience or would like information from me ... just drop me an email at theparge@gmail.com Sharing is an awesome thing!

Have a wonderful day and if you have time ..... leave a comment. I love hearing from visitors!

3 comments:

  1. What a great layout, Marg! I love seeing photos of your family and Studio J makes it so easy to put it all together! That Avonlea paper is gorgeous and the colors are just perfect! Love your "Harvest of Memories" layout too! You've got a handsome fellow there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They made the first pattern just for you! How perfectly that fit your beautiful family! And this is great preparation for the next month's special!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Marg! I love the picture of you and your husband! sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!