Monday, November 5, 2012

Studio J: Wecome Baby Lily!

Another Studio J Baby Lily layout to share with everyone. These are photos that were taken shortly after Miss Lily arrived and was ready to meet her people.


 
As with the previously posted layout, the story here is too big for me to tell in just a small journal box. Baby Lily is my fifth grandchild but she is the first on her Daddy's side of the family. I was able to photograph her first-time grandparents meeting her. It was such a wonderful moment. My turn to hold her came soon enough and let me tell you ... it's just as breathtaking and humbling the fifth time as it is the first.
 
Studio J Tip:
 
Actually, it's more of a photo snapping tip .... When photographing an event like this, try to remember that you are capturing a moment in time. Snapping a few shots of your surroundings is as important to documenting an event as are the people.
 
In this layout you see that I took a photo of the room number, the hallway,  and the outside of the hospital as I left that night. These photos add small details to the story without having to actually journal them.
 
I also used the "text box" trick again to create a custom background paper for the layout title on the upper left.
 
 
That's it for now friends ... Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I love the photo of you and the babe, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!