Saturday, July 28, 2012

Studio J: My Backyard Blessings

Great news .... I've been in Studio J and can say (while I'm doing a happy dance) that I am UP TO DATE and CURRENT on my family Year in Review 2012 album! Yes! ... double time happy dancing with jumps for joy are in order!

I'm also very excited about major changes Studio J announced at the Dallas Convention earlier this month. So much so, that I'm dedicated to sharing with everyone how easy and time-wise it is to create with Studio J.

Here's a layout I created in less than 45 minutes with photos I snapped in my backyard:

Journaling reads: "Some of life's most amazing sights can be seen in our own backyards. For the first time, I saw the illusive "end of the rainbow". In fact, I saw both ends setting down on the lake.  There was no pot o' gold, lucky charms, or leprechauns. The real treasure was the experience. It's the gift of being present, and aware of nature's beauty. Yes, I find joy in my own backyard."

1. I selected my photos
2. Decided which kit I wanted to use
3. Chose a pattern that could accomodate seven photos.
4. Deleted one ribbon.
5. Created my title using the "Quick Title" tool and 2 journal areas.
6. Popped on 16 Stickease embellies
7. Typed in my journaling.
8. Done!

Now don't get me wrong .... I could have spent more time on this and taken the titling and embellishments to a whole new level of creative fun. That's always possible with Studio J. But, the whole point of using Studio J for documenting my family's year is to free up my time for other papercrafting adventures. Like card making, mini albums, altered art, gifts, home decor, and my traditonal paper scrapbook pages.

Paper is, and always will be my first love. Creating digital scrapbook layouts for my Year in Review album reduces that "to-do" list and gives me a feeling of accomplishment as I track everyday life and family events through my photos and journaling.

To learn more about Studio J and to try it for free, visit my website here, click on PRODUCTS, then choose STUDIO J from the drop-down menu. You can also go directly to Studio J here.

Well, I'm off to put the finishing touches on my July Take Twelve layout .... I've had to keep it under wraps because I'm using a lovely new paper pack from Close To My Heart called "Dakota". You'll see it August 1st!

Thanks for stopping by .... love your comments if you have the time!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Marg! That photo of the rainbow is amazing! I love Studio J too-- one thing I really love about it is that we have access to paper packages that we otherwise wouldn't be able to get... the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a stunning back yard! Love all your photos and page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Studio J layouts are always so inspiring. I must try it out. That rainbow photo is extraordinary! Great idea for this layout as well. I have so many pics of flowers around the yard but I never scrap them...maybe I will now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, Marg. YOU inspire. I want to go play with Studio J right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful sights! You have put photos of your backyard together in a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!