Sunday, July 29, 2012

Studio J: A Day For Our Guys

Back again with two Studio J layouts for my Year in Review album, and guess what? I learned a very cool, new Studio J trick at convention!

This first layout was created using a Studio J custom kit and pattern. I made a few very minor alterations, and five photos from Fathers Day:

I kept the journaling short and sweet by using a list to briefly describe the day.
"Today's Special"
Jet Ski
Fishing
Water Fights
Bad Jokes
Beer
The new trick: Because I take lots of photos, especially when the g-kids are around, I needed to find a way to compress some of my favorites onto one 2-page spread. Here's the solution:


I created two collages using PicMonkey and saved them as a high resolution .jpeg. I dropped them onto Studio J's "No Limits" page pattern. Then, using the same Studio J kit, I was able to add a few embellishments to coordinate both Fathers Day layouts quickly and easily.

I'll be experimenting with the "No Limits" pattern alot more. This method allows me to create a main Studio J layout to document an event, then use embellished collages as complimentary layouts that feature favorite photos of the same event.

If you haven't tried Studio J I encourage you to pay a visit. Everyone is welcome to give it a shot .... no obligation to create an account or make a purchase. I think you'll like what you can do with a few photos and a mouse!

Thanks for poppin' on by!
Have a lovely day!




2 comments:

  1. I knew you would jump all over the Pic Monkey collage and Studio J - how easy is it? I love both of these pages and look forward to a little quieter time in mid to end of August so that I can play.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!