Monday, July 30, 2012

Clean Up Those Scraps!

I've had the pleasure of serving as Guest DT Member at Heart 2 Heart during this past month. It's been fun sharing some of my projects with fellow crafters. I'm always so inspired by the awesome work I see week after week at Heart 2 Heart. I only hope I returned that favor in part during my stay there.

So, on to one last challenge for July: If your craft area is looking anything like mine lately, you have plenty of bits and pieces laying around. I've been in my scrappin' glory having new Close To My Heart product to play with! This week's challenge is to pick up some of those scraps and create something. Bits of paper, snippets of twine, those stickease that you've been meaning to use up, that last sparkle on the acetate sheet ... you get the gist!

My go-to project for using up scraps is covering little notepads like this one:
Paper Pack: "Dakota"
Stamp Set: Dallas Convention Exclusive
Inks: Black pigment and Slate
Gray Bakers Twine and a Bitty Sparkle


I keep a variety of little notebooks on hand for quickie gifts. I usually find them in clearance bins at my local office supply store. This particular one measures 5x3 and came in a package of 10 for only $2.00 (score!)

I lined the inside back cover and left a little message for the recipient:



If you are new to challenge blogs, Heart 2 Heart is a great place to begin your adventure! New challenges are listed every Monday and stay open until the last Saturday of the month. H2H offers a wide variety of challenges and lots of time to post your entries. I'd love for you to join in the fun ... that's what its all about!



You have until Saturday Aug 4th 10pm to enter any of July's challenges at Heart 2 Heart. Simply click on over and you'll see the rules listed on the left.

Well, if you'll excuse me, I need to finish cleaning up my mess so I can make another one with more exciting new product. Next up on my craft table: an awesome new Workshop on the Go that features an exclusive Halloween paper AND the new Artiste Cricut Cartridge!

Thanks for stoppin' on in!
Comments always welcome and appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. cool idea, love that Dakota paper..thanks for being the Guest DT in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love it! You are making me really like this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are joining us this month at H2H! I love this project, and it would make a really cute card too! I am just playing with this paper pack now and I love it! Thanks for playing at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!