Once again, Close To My Heart generously offered all convention attendees five free Studio J layouts. The layout package comes with a specific set of instructions designed to teach shortcuts, techniques, and work flow.
I've been working regularly with Studio J since last October and actually thought I had figured out most of the little tricks .... I was oh so wrong! After creating these five layouts I gained a better understanding as to how versatile Studio J is. Here's what I came away with:
1. Creating background papers with journal boxes
2. Cropped ribbon to create matching ties.
3. Journal strips made easy!
1. I used Halloween paper to create this over-the-top girly page.
2. The cupcakes (top left) were created by cropping a candy wrapper, shrinking a tag, and adding brads and staples. It's waayyy easier than it sounds!
3. Great journaling techniques with this one too!
1. Cropped embellies to create scalloped border
2. Used an alpha to create and embellishment ( the big O's on the targets)
Okay ... I admit it ... I totally failed to grasp the "stripped ribbon" technique. I was pressed for time and just slapped in standard grosgrain ribbon. I'm very certain I'll be calling myself a puddin' head when I find out the trick at convention in two weeks!
1. Embellishment clusters .... something I really need to work with more often.
2. New photo frame / mat technique.
I love learning and being able to do so with Studio J is a real pleasure. Thanks Close To My Heart! See y'all in Dallas soon!!
Learn more about Studio J by visiting my Website!