Friday, June 29, 2012

Studio J: A Learning Opportunity

Once again, Close To My Heart generously offered all convention attendees five free Studio J layouts. The layout package comes with a specific set of instructions designed to teach shortcuts, techniques, and work flow.

I've been working regularly with Studio J since last October and actually thought I had figured out most of the little tricks .... I was oh so wrong! After creating these five layouts I gained a better understanding as to how versatile Studio J is. Here's what I came away with:


Granddaughters Layout:
1. Creating background papers with journal boxes
2. Cropped ribbon to create matching ties.
3. Journal strips made easy!

Sugar and Spice: This one blew me away!
1. I used Halloween paper to create this over-the-top girly page.
2. The cupcakes (top left) were created by cropping a candy wrapper, shrinking a tag, and adding brads and staples. It's waayyy easier than it sounds!
3. Great journaling techniques with this one too!


Plane Guy:
1. Cropped embellies to create scalloped border
2. Used an alpha to create and embellishment ( the big O's on the targets)

Welcome:
Okay ... I admit it ... I totally failed to grasp the "stripped ribbon" technique. I was pressed for time and just slapped in standard grosgrain ribbon. I'm very certain I'll be calling myself a puddin' head when I find out the trick at convention in two weeks!



His Joy:
1. Embellishment clusters .... something I really need to work with more often.
2. New photo frame / mat technique.

I love learning and being able to do so with Studio J is a real pleasure. Thanks Close To My Heart! See y'all in Dallas soon!!

Learn more about Studio J by visiting my Website!

2 comments:

  1. You have a great talent with Studio J. These pages and this post are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great post. Thanks for sharing all you've learned. I haven't tried Studio J yet but your work is inspiring me to get to it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!