Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring Training 2012: Matching Patterned Paper

Having survived my garage sale last week, I spent most of Sunday being creative! I continue to work on my Spring Training exercises. Yesterday I went all out and took Lisa Dickenson's advice on working with patterned papers. I went out of my comfort zone, used lots of different patterns, and (finally) used a Becky Fleck sketch that had been on my to-do list since February! Here is the result:

This is my Florida granddaughter who always amazes me.
She's smart, funny, creative, and has a smile that can light up an entire room!



I used a little tip I picked up recently on someones blog (Practical Scrappers?) and is also taught by Nichol Magouirk: Using the 1/10ths setting on my Cricut, I cut the butterflies at 1.5. Then I cut the black shadows at 1.6 to give then a little "pop". I also used this technique on the tags and the photo mat. I brought the layout together a little more by adding the stamped stitching in black.




My favorite butterfly is the plaid one at the top!
I used the "Dotty For You" paper pack from Close To My Heart, the Art Phil Cricut Cartridge, some misc chipboard letters that I inked with Smoothie, seam binding, sparkles, and bakers twine.








I love this Page Map so much that I used it "as is" and really super-like my end result!

Happy to be back in the craftroom after a long last week! Upside .... "Mr No Garage Sale" isn't complaining at all about a clean garage and attic!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch!
Comments are encouraged and always appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Marg, this is just lovely! Adding the black was a great touch, and I love how this page turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! love all those "Dotty" butterflies. Great tip on shadowing with the black. It really does bring everything together so nicely. I may have to scraplift this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome technique and great use of the sketch! Your GD is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!