Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring Training 2012: Shooting for Expression

Photography coach Erin Cobb ran us through 3 sessions during Ella Publishing's Spring Training. I recently upgraded my camera and these sessions with Erin could not have come at a more perfect time!

This first exercise: Today I want you grab a kid in the 10-and-under crowd (with parental permission of course...ha!) and give yourself a 5-minute time limit. In fact, just go ahead and set a timer. I want you to challenge yourself to get as many different expressions in those 5 minutes as you possibly can.

Just so happens that I have an adorable 3 1/2 year old granddaughter who tends to be a squirmy bug in front of a camera. Using Erins' tips, I was able to get the squirmy-bug to cooperate for a few minutes. Of the 30 plus photos I shot, here are two of my favorites:




There was, of course, a bribe involved!
As with most things, practice make perfect. I'll be using this lesson many times over in the coming summer months. I can't wait to see what I get next time!

Thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!