Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Training 2012: Organization 3

Day 3 at Ella's Spring Training and WOW! Wendy Smedley did a 20 minute presentation on storage solutions. She is just bursting with practical, affordable ideas using everyday items around the house. Everything from glass jars to baskets to loaf pans. I'll share some of these ideas as I incorporate them into my own craft space or .... use the ideas to create gifts for fellow scrappers!

In the previous two posts, I shared my ribbon and button stashes. Today, I'm showing you how they are stored:

My ribbon is in this ITSO bin. I can just pull it out and all my ribbon is laid out. No digging. When I travel to crops, I can easily grab what I'll need, place it in a ziploc and throw it in my crop bag.

My button jars and packs are stored in a deep ITSO bin. This bin fits nicely in the bottom of one of my crop bags. Makes packing for those retreat weekends easy. Even better .... unpacking is a cinch!

My "Stash Rule" : If it's full to the top, it's time to stop!

In other words, I need to take a good look at what I really need, and take charge of my stash .... and my shopping habits!

Here are more storage words of wisdom from Grace Tolman:
http://www.ellapublishing.com/blog/grace-tolman/storage-options-day-3
Thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch!
Your comments and ideas are always welcome here!

3 comments:

  1. Such great ideas for organization! I must admit this is something I really struggle with. I look foward to the day when I "get it all togther!" lol. I can't wait to see more pictures of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I love my clip-it-up and my jars on the wall, but it is harder to pack for crops. Some day i will take the time to organize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ideas. I especially like your stash rule! I should've adopted that about one million buttons ago! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!