Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring Training 2012: Organization 1

For the second year in a row I'm participating in Ella Publishing's Spring Training Camp. These first few days will be spent working out with Wendy Smedley. She's offering up tips and tricks on how to get and stay organized. {a subject near and dear to me}.

Wendy says it best: "Organization is not storage. It's not putting something in a cute container and putting it on a shelf" How true. We can have totes and bins stacked to the ceiling but that doesn't mean we can find what we need. We may not even remember we have certain papers. embellies, or tools. Making matters worse, we shop our favorite craft store, buy more, store more, and still can't find what we need when we're working on a specific project. How frustrating ... not to mention costly.

For my Organization 1 Exercise, I'm sharing my ribbon stash with you today:


Oh believe me, at one time I had a pile of ribbon that could have stuffed a pillow! These days, I'm happy with the basics:

Grosgrain: White Daisy, Colonial White, Cranberry, Black and Chocolate
Color group ribbon packs
Lacy trims: White and Ivory
Baker's Twine: assorted
Twill (my all time fav)
Specialty wide ribbons: Sweet Leaf and Dark Choc Striped
Jute twine: Neutral and Brown
Waxy Flax; asst colors
and .... the best ever ....
Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon: I can easily dye this and match it perfectly to any project!

Really, for me, less is more. Fewer choices of ribbon, and products that can be altered, save me time and money.

Here's a blog bit from Missy Gener. She shares some of her stash-busting techniques:
http://www.ellapublishing.com/blog/missy-gener/sorting-and-purging-tips-day-1

Thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch!
As always ... ideas and comments are welcome and appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Good tip! I have my ribbon hanging over a wire dress form, but I am whittling away at that. Then I'll move on to just the CTMH basics. It's just so much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!