Monday, February 13, 2012

Take Twelve: January 2012

This year Ella Publishing has an ongoing project called "Take Twelve". The whole idea is to snap 12 photos, on the 12th of each month during 2012. Pretty simple. Then, use the photos to create a page, layout, or whatever you'd like, to document "every-day-ness"!

I'm using my 12 photos to create a 2-page 12x12 layout each month. At the end of the year, I will have 144 photos on 24 pages. That's a whole album!

Of course, yesterday was Feb 12th. I snapped lots of photos at our mid-winter barbecue. Later in the evening, I sorted, edited, and uploaded while I sat and enjoyed the Grammy Awards on television.

While I was sorting my blog-ready photo files, I realized that I never posted my January Take Twelve layout! I was holding off because I used Close To My Heart's brand new Stella papers that, at the time, were 2 weeks away from being released. I wasn't at liberty to share just yet!

Well .... now I can share:

I modified the Stella WOTG layout to accommodate my 12 photos.


I created a pocket to hold a journal tag.

Each photo is numbered and the journal tag briefly explains each of them. Super easy journaling!

Token Alphabet is one of my very favorite CTMH alpha stamp sets.

So there you have it! ..... Now I'm off to Target to pick up the February Take Tweleve photos. The layout is all planned and I'll be using Roxie papers. Stay tuned!


Have a wonderful Monday ~~~ Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love your January layout - so smart to use the WOTG! I am going to get my pictures on the computer tomorrow and I am thinking that I will do a Studio J layout. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good layout. I really like the clean and balanced look of it. (Fits right in with my personality.) You've helped me see it really is possible to use a lot of photos on one layout and still have it look uncluttered and special. I'm impressed...and inspired. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!