Thursday, February 9, 2012

Studio J: Play Date



Oh, how the time does fly .... these layouts feature photos from March 2011 when I spent the day with my adorable, then 2 year old granddaughter. Nearly a year later, these photos bring back great memories and remind me how blessed I am to have her in my life. 

I switched this pattern out a bit by adding a border across the top of the photos, then using the copy/paste tool to replace the "pre-placed" digi paper below the photos. I burned up 1.5 hours on this page, which isn't bad considering that I'm just learning Studio J myself! I used the snapping tool feature to line up the copy-paste borders, played with several fonts, and generally had a good time with coloring and recoloring!

Using the same background color and paper pack, I created a second layout with photos from the same day. I really love how the fun flowery Stickease buttons add a little pop to the pages and coordinate perfectly with the border from the previous pages. Time wise, this page took less than 30 minutes to create. All I really did was drag and drop the photos, colorize the ribbon, add the Stickease, add the title and journaling .... and BAM! I had a 9 photos scrapped and ready to enjoy for years to come!

One more thing .... I've been noting how much time I spend on my Studio J layouts this week simply to give you an idea of how much can be done in pretty short order. That's not to say you should try to go as fast as you can. I just like to point out that Studio J is very effective in offering a convenient, time-saving option to creating beautiful layouts that document your most cherished memories.You should always, always have fun with scrapbooking and work at your own pace. Studio J offers the same great benefits of  traditional scrapbooking, only in digital form. Do what you love. Love what you do. And do it your way!

Thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch
As always, comments are welcome and appreciated!



1 comment:

  1. Oh these are great layouts!! She is so cute! I'd want to sit right down and listen to her stories any day of the week! Thanks for sharing so much, Marg!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!