Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Studio J: A Flower Show

Well, whatda know! It's a Blog Hoppin' Digital Challenge week at Lasting Memories and it just so happens that I have another Studio J layout to share! 

These are just a few of the photos from Macy's Flower Show in February 2011.

This layout features the new Pemberley paper pack that is available in both "real" and digital form.

Three things to note here:

1. Because the photos are colorful and flowery, I used the Studio J pattern pretty much "as is". I created the banner title, added the swirl and heart to the journal box, the tab on the lower left photo, and the little banner/butterfly cluster on on the lower right. All other components already existed. Very cool!

2. You may notice in the journal entry that I mention a separate book containing all the photos from our day at the show. We shot nearly 200 photos and the YIR album is not where I choose to share them.  I just wanted to include this layout in my Year in Review album because it was such a memorable day. I always note in my journaling if there are other projects related to a specific layout.

3. It took me a little over an hour to make this layout only because I spent about 20 minutes learning how to create and manipulate that title banner. Now I know how to do it and next time it will be snap!

Visit Studio J for more digital fun and give it a whirl!

If you'd like to see that gorgeous Pemberley Level 2 Paper Pack visit me at margvp.myctmh.com and take a look at the new 2012 Idea Book!

Thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch. Have a Blessed Day!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO, thanks for going digital with us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous layout!! Love how the colors really POP -- Such a bright and cheerful way to share those beautiful flowers!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Lasting Memories this week!! :)

    Lasting Memories DTM,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous digital LO! Thanks for sharing it at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all - WOWIE! I have got to get to the flower show this year! And did you ever do a great job of putting this together! Now, I may ask for your help in Studio J with the banner. Thanks for sharing so much about Studio J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful Digi... love the flowers and the colours!!!thanks for sharing - kimberly LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning and my word, those flowers!! Oh I can see a MAJOR photo opp there! Absolutely stunning photo's. Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be sure to visit Lasting Memories today (wink wink)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh do I LOVE this layout! You've inspired me to remember to take pictures of plant life up close on my next vacation! Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.
    Elizabeth LMDT
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just simply beautiful!! We are the lucky ones for you to share with us over at Lasting Memories this week!! Thanks for joining us!
    Michele
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you are so right about the colorful pictures. They are beautiful. I love the little banner so it was well worth the time you took to learn that. Great layout and thanks for joining us at LM this week for the digital challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!