Thursday, January 5, 2012

Browse-Push-Shazaam!

I so love my Nook! My reading habit is totally portable and I can read in the dark! (I know, kinda silly, but that's just me!) I can browse the latest releases, best sellers, and bargain racks, press purchase/confirm, and shazaamm! I have a new book. My daughter and I still like going to Barnes & Noble when we're at the mall but in between visits, its nice having instant access to some awesome reading!

Just finished this last night:

I love the first line of the overview at the B&N webiste:
"Be prepared to meet three unforgettable women."


I know I might be a little late to the party on this one, but if you haven't read it yet , I highly recommend it!
I'm planning to watch the movie with my daughter and Tasty Asia Take-Out on Sunday night!

Just a little footnote here: I think the front cover of this book could inspire an adorable card, gift tag, or layout! 

**********
My sister turned my onto author Barbara Kingsolver a number of years ago and I have yet to be disappointed with any of her books. I actually finished this one back in November but want to mention it because I think it's probably one of Kingsolver's best:


Overview

The Poisonwood Bible is a story told by the wife and four daughters of Nathan Price, a fierce, evangelical Baptist who takes his family and mission to the Belgian Congo in 1959. They carry with them everything they believe they will need from home, but soon find that all of it -- from garden seeds to Scripture -- is calamitously transformed on African soil. What follows is a suspenseful epic of one family's tragic undoing and remarkable reconstruction over the course of three decades in postcolonial Africa. The novel is set against one of the most dramatic political chronicles of the twentieth century: the Congo's fight for independence from Belgium, the murder of its first elected prime minister, the CIA coup to install his replacement, and the insidious progress of a world economic order that robs the fledgling African nation of its autonomy. 


What's on your reading list these days?

Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!