Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Battlefield

In my search for a new challenge blog to put on my 2012 list I happened upon ScrapFIT! First off, I fell in love with the name, then the adorable logo, and lastly .... they have an AwESOmE challenge going on right now!

Current Workout #59: Pat Benetar's "Love is a Battlefield" (oh the memories .... )

I created this layout:
These are my three part-time rebels who take pride in the fact that they all have "ink" 
I incorporated some distressing techniques and created the (barn red) background paper using a tone-on tone stamping method. I also wrote the song lyrics on the outer edge of the base paper.
All of the papers used are from the now retired "Wings" paper pack by CTMH. I used some misc rub-ons to add a tattoo-like accent. The butterflies were cut out of a printed sheet of the Wings paper.
This tag pulls out to reveal an accordion journal strip that features the first initial of each part-time rebel.


The journal strip reads:

With as different as each of my three children are, they have one thing in common - tattoos!
As each of them entered their mid teen years they would press me to sign and grant permission to get a tattoo.
"Nothin' happening" I said, time and time again. I would explain to them that they would be free to do so, in due time, as adults. I just didn't want to be part of a decision that they may regret later in life.
Oh, what a battle!, most especially with Chelsee who had been giving her dolls punk hairdos and tattoos since age 5.
I was accused of being "old fashion", I had no appreciation for self-expression, and that I didn't have an open mind.
Now, years later, they remain distinctly different in many ways but share the same experience of finally having tattoos!
In retrospect, I'd do the same battle again. No regrets. I do believe that as they get older they'll come to understand that I don't necessarily object to tattoos .... I just wanted tattoos to be their decision alone.

I had an absolute blast putting this page together and I'm looking forward to future ScrapFIT challenges!

Supplies used:
Paper, hemp, stamps and inks by Close To My Heart
Title lettering by American Craft
Misc/stash rub ons

Comments always welcome
Thanks for stopping by .... have a great day!


5 comments:

  1. This page is over-the-top-so-amazing-that-I-can't-believe-it!! I absolutely LOVE how you scrap and the every day things you scrap. You teach me so much all the time!! I am so glad you'll be playing at ScrapFIT! The challenges coming up are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea---love how you worked it in with the song. Great pictures too! Thanks for playing along with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your page and such a cool LO!!!! perfect photos and LOVE the stamping technique to rock along with the ink photos!!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with ScapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Love how you embraced this challenge from the topic to the over the top grungy techniques!! Fab photos too! So glad you found ScrapFIT and hope you'll keep on coming back for more of our great challenges in 2012!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! You really did a great job with our Workout! Thanks for working out with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!