Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crafty Improv : Part 2

As I'm rounding out this first week of Crafty Improv (aka December Daily) This is what I decided to use for my project base:


My base pages are 12x12 Kraft cardstock cut into 6x6 squares. One 12x12 sheet = 8 mini album pages.
The pattern papers are from the"Believe" paper pack and are cut at 3x6. One 12x12 sheet = 8 page accent strips.
I used my 1-1/4" circle punch to make 31 "date spots" with White Daisy cardstock.
I'm going to use my Zutter to bind the album but the rings you see in the photo would work well too.

Next, I inked my papers, attached the pattern papers to my pages, stamped my stitching accent, and punched my binding holes. Now, all my pages are ready to add my daily photo, word, and journal blip.

I won't bind the album until all the pages are complete. When I have a choice, I always prefer to build my mini album pages on smooth, flat surfaces rather than work around a binding.
Using the Art Phil Cricut cartridge, I cut my date numbers (1-31) along with some extras for those "oops!" moments! These are cut at 1-1/4 inches on Holiday Red cardstock.
I will (try to) limit myself to photos in these sizes. I will likely print photos on my home printer so I'll be able to resize them. If I didn't have a home printer, I'd simple use the old tried and true "print at Target and crop on my trimmer" method.

My goal is to keep it simple, use product I already have on hand, and have fun with this. So far, so good! I'll be  posting Improv Pages soon!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! I can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!