Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Boot Camp: Custom Backgrounds

"The best things you can give children, next to good habits, are good memories" Sydney Harris 

Ella Boot Camp: Cool, Custom Backgrounds with Nichol Magouirk, Stamping Drill Instructor (she's totally great!)

After viewing Nichol's excellent video tutorial, I took a chance and went all out with bold colors, and multiple stamps to create this 12x12 sheet of custom paper. (I usually stick with waayyy more subtle background stamps)


I used CTMH's Mayberry color palette: Cocoa, Smoothie, Honey, and Olive
The stamp set is: Hooray Bouquet #D1491 Close To My Heart
The cardstock is Colonial White
Then, I took the printable pdf from one of Wendy's Lunch Break Chats and created this 8x8 decor piece:


I will put this in an 8x8 page protector and place at the front of a basket that contains assorted mini albums.A nice little touch!
signature

2 comments:

  1. wow, great job! Can't wait to see the tutorial and try my hand at background stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! Random stamping can be tricky, and you've done a great job of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!