Sunday, July 10, 2011

Morning View Mosaic

Sunday evening here in Minnesota, the storms are rolling in after a very warm and humid day. This was the first time all Summer that my favorite guy and I got to spend the entire day at home, just relaxing, went swimming, took a little boat ride, stayed cool all day .... very enjoyable. I even had a chance to put a challenge page together for both Lasting Memories and Sassy Lil' Sketches.



Journaling reads:
Gratitude List: Morning Coffee. 4th of July. Peaceful Sunrise. Family and Friends.
Counting my Blessings. Beautiful View.

The challenge at Lasting Memories is to create a Mosaic.
I cut the photo focal point in a 2x2 square, mounted it onto cardstock and popped it up to make it stand out a little more. I've seen the mosiac technique demostrated at craft shows but this is the first time I've actually used one. It was easy! I'll be doing more of these in the future!
Butterflies!
Journal tag tucked into pocket.
Here's theJuly 7th Sassy Lil' Sketch the started everything rollin' for me today:
 Love this sketch because the circle adds more interest to a single photo layout.

Supplies Used:
Papers by Close To My Heart: Colonial White, Sweet Leaf, Wings Level 2
Stamps Sets: E1020 Token Alpha, B1366 Live Life
Ink: Archivial Black, Juniper (CTMH)
Bitty Brads (CTMH)
Marvy Tag Punch
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch

Well, back to the office tomorrow but not until after I enjoy the view and my morning coffee! 
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job on the challenge. I so love how you used different sizes in your mosaic. Great details.
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.
    Hugs
    Brenda DTM
    I would be honored if you came to see my creations here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is gorgeous! Love how you popped up your focal point!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This l/o makes me long to sit in this wonderful peaceful setting and drink coffee with you! I love how you placed your picture, and the little dots, and butterflies! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marg! I love how you added interest to the photo with the larger piece and pop dots. And this was a great way to combine both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the larger picture square in the middle of the mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!! Love how you popped up the focal point pic. This is just GREAT!! Your choice is paper really makes this whole scene stand out. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mosaic is wonderful! Love the way you highlighted the main pic! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  8. your page is one of the most interesting ones I have seen recently!!! Really creative!! Keep on!!!
    Thanks for joining us at SLS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous mosaic! I love the depth it gives the photo! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty !! Cool with the photos split in a lot of squares !
    Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil' Sketches! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!