Monday, June 13, 2011

Back in the Game

Yep! After taking a little break to get spring cleaning and yard work done, participate in a couple of workshops, and plan summer events, I'm back to playing with my blog-friends again!

Here's a quick and easy invitation I made for our upcoming Fourth of July party:

I stamped out my own patterned paper with CTMH's July Word Puzzle stamp set. The coordinating papers and inks you see are CTMH's Cranberry and Outdoor Denim .... two of my favorites!

The inside is stamped in Cranberry and Outdoor Denim using a 1999 Stamp'in Up set I borrowed from a friend .... thanks Kim!

Here's the Sassy Lil Card Sketch I used for inspiration:

One of the great things about creating multiples of something, like invitations, is that you can play around a little bit. I felt like experimenting so I used my edge distressing tool {CTMH} to add more texture to some of the medallions.

I also alternated using silver Liquid Pearls and Red Stickles for the tiny embellie trio. In other words .... each invitation is unique, no two exactly alike, and that's just plain fun! 
I made 20 invitations for less than 30 cents each, including the envelope. You just can't beat that!

Now, I better get the menu planned......
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun invitation! You should also enter this at Heart 2 Heart challenges (challenges with CTMH product). http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/06/from-our-heart-to-yours.html
    I am quite certain the girls will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute invites! Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Lil' Card Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love the background paper you stamped! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Lil Card Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!