Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What Came First .... ?

It's the age-old question ... What came first, the chicken or the egg?

For this Mother of the Bride to Be, the question becomes: What came first, the dress or the shoes?

Well, in my case ... Kohls had a sale going on in early April. What can I say? It was love at first sight:

Never mind that it makes perfect sense to choose the dress and then accessorize or, that my feet will probably be in a world of hurt by the end of the day. I tried them on and instantly felt like Dorothy wearing those famous ruby slippers. "Oh my!"

I don't usually fall in love with shoes. I adore my clogs. Penny loafers are a wardrobe standard (yes, I actually have pennies in them). I've owned the same pair of hiking boots for over ten years, and I hope to get one more summer out of my favorite pair of brown leather sandals. Don't get me wrong ..... I have lots of shoes in my closet but nothing like these beauties!

I love lifting the lid on the pretty hot pink Candie's box and taking a peek. They make me smile.

Oh, and the dress? Well, I'll save that for another blog post because, of course, that's another story all together!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!