Monday, May 9, 2011

My Girl

Day 10 of Spring Training at Ella Publishing:

We were back to journaling exercises with Angie Lucas and what a fabulous workout is was!

First, here's the layout I created using Angie's journaling technique:


Visible journaling reads:
watching her walk down the aisle ... wonder where the time has gone ... Beautiful heart and soul ... in love ... She imagines flowers ... joyous ... remember she is not leaving me ... She will be a beautiful bride ... all grown up ... what does the future hold ... the Lord will guide them ... challenges and triumphs lie ahead ... it's time ... no fears ... so young ... excitement ... She's in love and that's a good thing ... walking down the aisle with my heart ... bouncy spunky sassy little girl ... She'll do just fine ... excited and happy for them ... I will not let my tears hold her back, ever, ever ....

The photo was taken last year while my daughter was "test walking" the aisle at a wedding venue. As soon as I took the shot, I swear, a thousand thoughts rushed through my mind. Flashbacks to the newborn with dark wavy hair .... the six year old whose bedroom looked like a tornado had just passed through .... the goth girl at age 15 ..... the Harry Potter fan ... the animal lover .... the baby sister .... and now, a bride to be.

This photo came to mind when Angie was running us through her "Poetry & Paint" exercise. All I had to do was sit down, look at the photo and start writing (or in this case, typing) all the random thoughts that came to mind. Never mind correct spelling, punctuation, or sentence structure. I just got it all down on paper.

Next, I masked the text with a digi paper and reduced the opacity to allow the text box to just barely show through. Then, I went through and used my digital eraser to highlight certain words or phrases.

Angie taught a paint method that works beautifully as well. I'll be trying that out the next time I do free-lance journaling.

So far, this has been my hands-down favorite Spring Training exercise. High Five Angie Lucas!!!



Supplies Used:
Papers: Paper Source and Bazill
Ribbon: Paper Source and Close to My Heart
Liquid Pearls: White Opal and Lavender Lace
Butterflies: Karen Foster

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gracious - how beautiful! This is truly a heartfelt layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!