Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Distressing Experience & 50 Years

Spring Training Day 4 with Tammy Tutterow was a distressing experience .... in a good way! Tammy demostrated TONS of great tips on altering the look of paper, letters, labels, and tags. My favorite: altering chipboard letters by sanding, recoloring, or adding texture.

I created a mini album for one of my brothers while I was on a retreat this last weekend!. He's celebrating his 50th birthday today. I gathered up long forgotten childhood photos and went to town on this one. I used many of Tammy's trick and tips in this project: I sanded, inked, ripped, and crumpled many of the page components to create an aged, vintage sort of look. Here are a few photos: front cover and a handful of the pages:









Supplies used:
Echo Park "For the Record"
Chalk Ink: Quick Quotes Ameretto
Bind-It-All
Ribbon: CTMH
Charms: misc stash

Really ... not at all a distressing project. In fact, this was truly a labor of love. My brother (oldest of the four) is true and genuine. He's been there for me through the tough times. He's been a mentor to my sons and is a supportive and loving father. He's funny, hardworking, and has a good heart. Happy 50th dear brother .... this ones for you!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your book is so wonderful! I love it! Thank you for sharing it and being a part of Spring Training!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!