Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bonus Day at the Craftnasium!

Bonus!!  Day 8 at Ella Publishing's Spring Training:

We were treated to not one, but TWO workouts and both involved techniques that were totally new to me! Score!!

Tammy ran us through the use of stencils and mists to create custom papers on plain white cardstock. Stencils are something I do not own, nor have ever noticed when shopping for supplies. You can bet I'll be looking for them the next time I'm in the market for more scrapbooking fun. In the meantime, I could play with Cricut cut-outs, doilies, or Spellbinders and achieve much the same effect.

The Spring Training bonus today was a quick lesson about creating custom papers in PhotoShop or PhotoShop Elements! Learning a new digi trick is usually a little more challenging for me so I decided to give it a try.

Here is the the custom digi paper I created using Robyn Meierotto's "Cupcake" kit available at Design House Digital and a paper lace overlay by Jessie Edwards at Designer Digitals :


And here's the layout I made using snippets of my custom paper and coordinating papers and elements from the same Cupcake digi kit:


Journaling reads: Spring finally arrived just in time to enjoy a glorious  Easter Sunday at the lake with family. Among the treats in my basket of blessings was the chance to get this photo of my sweetie pie, Dana Rose, with her Mommy & Daddy! She was so happy to sit and be photographed  on her Daddy’s knee. Easter sweets aren’t always in the form of candy. The best sweets are the memories we make. We are blessed .
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh what pretty paper you created! have some glimmer mist stencils and I love them for more intricate misting. But I have cut things with my Slice and used that, too. It's such a fun effect! You have been a busy craft-lete this week and learned a lot of useful things! I hope you've enjoyed the wonderful weather and are having a great Mother's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!