Monday, March 21, 2011

It Was Her Day!

I have a niece (also my God-daughter) who turned 13 this month! Among the VP family cousins, she kind of stuck in the middle with all of her cousins being considerably older or younger than she is. So with her teens years having arrived, it was time to gather up the VP gals, do some shopping, enjoy a leisurely lunch, and get a little rowdy at the roller derby! I hope my niece had as good a time as the rest of us did .... after all, we are family and she'll have to hang out with us again some time!

I used a couple of photos from our day out along with a sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches to create a challenge layout. Here's the sketch:


And here's what I did with it:




This is my favorite sketch so far. I love working with squares! It was so easy to just stick with the sketch "as is" and have fun with lots of colorful patterns and embellishments. I will most likely be using this sketch again in the future. Thanks Sassy Lil' Sketches!

Supplies used:
Paper = Bazill and Cosmo Cricket
Stamps = Hero Arts
Ribbon = Michael's
Border Punch = Fiskars
Ink = Archivial Black, Slick Writer, Gel Pens
Twine = Memories & More
Liquid Pearls = Canteloupe, Mint Green, Buttercup
Cricut Cartridges = Celebrations, Plant'in Schoolhouse, Sweet Treats
Pop-Dots
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. very cute layout! I like what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what agreat page and just lovin your banner work!! thanks sooo much for playing along at Sassy Lil sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!