Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hope for Japan

The crafting community is large, widespread, and has a ton of heart to be sure. When disaster struck Haiti last year, many thousands of dollars were raised to help support relief efforts there. Designers, distributors and crafters are coming together once again to raise awareness and help support relief efforts for the people of Japan during this time of crisis.

Just thought I'd share a couple of really cool things I came across this week.

The first comes from Paper Source. If you've ever seen their line of imported papers,  you will totally appreciate this:

For the next six weeks, Paper Source will also donate 10% of Japanese paper sales to the American Red Cross Japan Relief Program, to help the many victims in Japan. While this contribution makes only a small dent in the endeavor ahead, it is an important signal of support to the many Japanese partners we have, furthering our founder’s hope to inspire people to discover the beauty and technique of Japanese papers.

These papers are among some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I ordered a few sheets for handmade mini albums.

The second comes from one of my most favorite product lines ever, Close To My Heart:

From Jeanette Lynton:
We've all been reeling with the images of tragedy and devastation in Japan. If you're looking for an easy, real, practical way to help relief efforts, then I invite you to contact your Close To My Heart Consultant!

Typically, our A-sized sets retail for $7.95/$8.95 CAN, but the "Hope for Japan" set will be available through April 30 for just $5--and Close To My Heart will be donating 100% of the profits to the American Red Cross to benefit relief efforts in Japan.

If we all do a little, together we can do a lot. Let's show our support and together, provide real HOPE for Japan!


If you're interested in the CTMH stamp set, click here and contact my go-to gal Jennifer Lee.

 I really like how both of these vendors are going through the American Red Cross to distribute the funds they raise. From everything I've read, this is the most reliable way to ensure your contribution will actually go to the cause and not dissappear into someone's pocket.

Have an awesome day and THINK SPRING!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!