Friday, March 25, 2011

awesome {8}

No printer, no Cricut, no Big Shot .... what's a scrapper to do? Answer....go back to good old fashion scissors, glue, glitter, and punches! That's the challenge set before us over at Better Living Through Scrapbooking.

For this layout I relied on this fabulous tutorial over at Basic Grey:
Basic Inspiration Tutorial No. 11

Such an easy layout and I love, love, love the tips on creating the embellished squares. I've used some of these simple techniques in the past and somehow, sort of, forgot about them. Although I decided not to use buttons on my layout, I like the tip on tying the string after the button is attached. I'll be using that one for sure!

Here's my version of the layout:

These are my eight awesome nieces and nephews!


The butterflies are actually cut-out from my patterned paper and I gave them a little shot of glue and glitter.


It's good to get back to the basics  ... sometimes, less is more.

Supplies Used:
Papers: "Wings" level 2 pack by CTMH
Rub-on and Bling: misc scrap stash
Metal Embellies: CTMH
Flowers-Leaves: CTMH
Lettering: scrap stash
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!