Sunday, February 20, 2011

Alex @ Five

Sassy Lil Sketches is featuring this sketch with one of my favorite pattern types ... quilt-like squares!


I made this layout using photos I took of my grandson when he was visiting in December. For the jouranling, I documented the conversation we had while I was photographing him one evening after dinner.






Journaling reads:
(me) "Hey there Game Boy!"
(alex) "Nana, this is a DS, not a Game Boy."
(me) "I meant that you are my Game Boy."
(alex) "Silly Nana. this is a DS and I am Iron Man."
(me) "Okay then Iron Man, I am Optimus Prime.Will you show me how that DS works!"

I love how he's so determined to set the facts straight about the DS and then tracks right back to his five year old imagination!

Supplies used:
Black background paper: Bazill
All other papers: Fancy Pants Rough & Tough
Journal Box, Buttons, Rub-Ons & Stars: Fancy Pants
Raised Letters: Thickers, American Craft
Twine: Generic, Wal-Mart




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love this layout! So glad you had fun yesterday at scrapbooking stores. It's good to get out and "paper" shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute page! Great take on the Sassy sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the Sassy Sketch! Thanks for playing along with us! /Pia

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fun boy page!!!! great job.. thanks sooo much for playing along with Sassy sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!