Friday, October 8, 2010

{LOL} Recycle That Packaging!

Welcome to another edition of {LOL}. Here at the Tator Patch {LOL} covers all things labeled, organized, or laminated!
Today I’m sharing a really simple tip for making photo or journal box templates to use when putting a layout together.
As a general rule, I keep my scraps of really good cardstock {Bazzill, AC, CTMH) for projects. But do you ever wonder what to do with the white paper or thin cardboard sheets used for packaging some of the supplies we purchase? For example: Creative Memories 12x12 Side Load pages are packaged with sheets of 12x12 white paper. After installing pages in my CM albums, this is what I do with the leftover packaging sheets:












I  cut them up into placement cards for my layouts. These are the most common Photo or Journal  Box sizes that I use when I scrapbook. I have just a couple of the 8x10 and 5x7 sizes. The 4x6, 4x4, and 3x3 are the photo or journal box sizes I use the most so I keep lots of those on hand.
Three main uses for these templates:
·         They allow me to play around with a layout during the design process without handling the actual photos over and over again.
·         I can make a “draft” or “practice” copy of a journal box. That way, I will know if all of my journaling will fit within the box or if I need to make adjustments.
·         I can assemble layouts ahead of time and use the cards as place holders. I simply use a small strip of removable tape runner to keep them in place until I’m ready to install photos onto the layout.
Here are two examples of layouts I assembled using S.E.I. products.  




















I’ll add photos and a few more embellishments at a later date. Until then, I have them at the ready for quick page assembly when the right photos come along. These pre-assembled layouts make great gifts for fellow scrap bookers as well …. include a small package of coordinating embellishments and away you go!
Thanks for visiting the {Tator Patch}
Have a most wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!