Wednesday, June 1, 2016

RB Blog Hop: That 70's Guy

Welcome!

It's the 1st of June and that means there's a new Stamp of the Month to see!
You likely hopped over from Lynn's Bungalow ... don't you just love her artwork? 

Here's June's Stamp of the Month
"Long Way Home"


Available right HERE for $17.95 or $5.00 with a $50 purchase until June 30th


*************************

I happen to live under the same roof with a motor-head. Back in the day {for me, that would be the 70's} there was a hot spot called Northstar Speedway. Racing of every noisy-fast-fuel charged automotive kind took place in the summer months. It was great fun and oh-so-cool! Well, as it turned out, my guy was a drag racer at the speedway. I discovered that little fact when I saw his trophy collection during our early days of dating.

When we moved 6 years ago, my 70's guy decided it was time to do away with the trophies. Because there are no known photos of his racing days I talked him into having his picture taken with them before they were donated to the recycle. What he didn't know, was that I peeled off the plates so I could use them on a layout someday.

Well, thanks to this adorable Stamp of the Month, "someday" just happened!


I used some of our new FLORENCE papers. Seriously LOVE that sheet with the small type!
The bottom of the pages are sanded to add a little road surface effect.
The cars are numbered with Fundamental alpha/numeral stickers.
The title was created using four different alphabet stamp sets. The cars and signs were stamped and "fussy cut" ....  a process that I really enjoy. Learning to use stamping techniques on layouts forever changed how I scrapbook in a very positive and creative way. {thank you Brenda Rose!} 


The trophy plates are concealed in a Flip Flap to separate them from the paper and photos.
The flap lifts to reveal a journal card from the new Picture My Life Journal Card Set.

Thanks for hopping with the Rose Blossoms

We'll see you again on June 15th for some Cricut inspiration!

Your next stop on this very fun hop is SHELLY and you're in for something pretty special!

10 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love your stamped title in them mixed fonts and how you incorporated the trophy plates in your layout. The cards are just perfect for your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout and your story are so much fun! I really love how you created the "road" just by sanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tremendous way to keep a memory. I love the creative ways you maintain the important stories of you family. Those race cars ... So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I could see the "someday" results! I love everything about this layout... It's fun and soothing to look at, the race cars on the sanded street are perfect! And the special way you displayed the trophy label... Amazing! Did your 70s guy like the layout as much as we do?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! OOOMMMMGGGG!!!! I love this story! You totally rocked the set and to pair it with the Florence, fantastic. I agree with Shelly, your storytelling is amazing! I wanna be you when I grow up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MVP, you've done it again! THIS IS AMAZING! Love the story. And what a brilliant use for those trophy plates! I have a few trophies from Brian's high school days and have been wondering what to do with them. I'm totally going to borrow this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a super fun layout! I love how it came about-- great story! Those trophy tags make is extra special and I love how much care went into creating these pages to honor fun times from "back in the day!" I know your hubby must love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! Great idea to get pictures of his trophies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu are soooo talented and this layout truly is priceless! What a perfect stamp set to commemorate these great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marg...this is just awesome! Perfect photos to use with this stamp set. Love your "sandy" roadway. The cars across the bottom are so cute. Very fun and Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!