Monday, June 1, 2015

RB Blog Hop: June Stamp of the Month


Welcome to our Rose Blossom Hop! 

You likely hopped here from Lynn's Bungalow and saw some ice cream cone inspiration!

Rose Blossom Hops travel in a circle. You can hop on anywhere and travel in circle through 9 stops and end up where you started. Small. Simple. Inspiring. Hope you enjoy!

Your Hop Route is located at the bottom of this post in case you get lost.


Here's the June Stamp of the Month 
"Ice Cream Dream"
(How cute is this?)



Available now through June 30th right HERE



When I first saw June's SOTM my thoughts went straight to this:
Dairy Queen has been a life-long summer favorite for yummy cool treats, and fabulous ice cream cakes for family birthdays. I thought it might be fun to send off a few gift cards to some young people in my life who are coming to the end of another school year this week. A little happy summer vacation ~ baseball season ~ drivers' ed session ~ beach bum ~ road trip fun!

Here are cards inspired by the June SOTM and the Dairy Queen logo:

 I embossed the background cardstock piece with our DOT EMBOSS FOLDER, then used the SANDING KIT to lightly distress the dots for added dimension. I stamped the sentiment with Archival Black Ink and added some color with ShinHan Touch Markers!

That awesome Chevron Ribbon is now retired BUT, I know this was an item that many of you received in your May Grab Bags and was a free item with purchase in October 2014. So dig into that stash! It's so much prettier on a gift than it is in a storage bin!

By fully wrapping the ribbon around the front of the card, I was able to neatly secure the 
gift card to the inside.




You'll find these and other wonderfully inspiring items right HERE along with links to videos, promotions, Studio J, and more!

Now, you're off to visit Barbara who revealed a sneak peek a few days ago ... you are going to LOVE what she has in store!

Thanks for hopping with the Rose Blossoms. 
We'll be back on the 15th and hope you visit us again!

Here's your HOP ROUTE MAP .... just in case!
Brenda
Lynn
Marg You are here!
Barbara
Shelly
Kim Hill
Morgan
Mary Newman
Amy

14 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Who doesn't love a DQ gift card? Love how you coordinated the colors with the DQ logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These gift cards are just adorable. So vibrant and so cute. Great Idea with this stamp set Marg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red, white, and blue definitely goes with summer. I like how you tucked the gift card under the ribbon so that it stays put!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your inspiration - your artistic interpretation of the DQ logo is so cool; I just love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg, these are fabulous! That ribbon is beautiful and you know what? You made me wish for Dairy Queen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmm..... DQ.... But it's really about the cards, right? ;-) Love the embossing and the ribbon. Fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was what I thought too... that this set is just asking to be used for an ice cream related gift-card holder. Gift Cards to Oberweiss will be our main "teacher gift" this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative, as always! So cute and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me send you my address cause I think you found my gift cards...lol. Love me some DQ! Great idea with the gift cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea, Marg! I am definitely going to borrow this! Love your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the clean lines and bright colors on these cards...AND I love your bow tying skills! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! How could I not think of Dairy Queen colors for this stamp set...duh! Me and my kids are big fans of the Blizzards and it's not a celebration until you eat ice cream cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect and adorable gift for someone! I love me some Dairy Queen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!