Sunday, December 14, 2014

December Blog Hop! Our Favorite Stamps


"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

Brown paper packages tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things ...."

~Sound of Music~



Okay ... yep! That song {one of my favorites} came to mind when the lovely Brenda Rose announced that our December Blog Hop would feature a few of our favorite ... My Acrylix Stamp Sets!

You likely came from Lynn's Bungalow and were WOWed by what she can do with an ink pad and stamps. She's one of my favorite team artists and continually inspires with her knack for all things kraft and ink!

Here are the links for this month's hop:

Brenda - http://roseblossomlegacies.com/
Lynn - http://frommybungalow.blogspot.com/
Marg - You are HERE!
Barbara - http://createdbybarbara.blogspot.com/
Shelly - http://just1piece-shelly.blogspot.com/

My pick for favorite My Acrylix Stamp Set is "Flight of Arrows" #D1578


This set is great for borders and backgrounds. I love how it gives movement and dimension on a variety of different projects. These stamps are also large enough to experiment with multi-color and various inking techniques.


Here's a closer look:

Supplies used: 
White Daisy CS, Black CS, Silver Shimmer Trim, Metallic Baker's Twine
Hollyhock and Black Archival Inks
Sentiment: Variety of Thanks #B1471 {Hostess Rewards}
Bitty Sparkles


Supplies used:
Designer Creations Slate Paper Bag
Ruby, Black, and White Daisy Cardstock
Ruby and Black Archival Ink
Sentiment: Guiding Heart Flair #M1046
Bitty Sparkles


Supplies used:
White Daisy, Slate, Topiary, Honey, Ruby, Outdoor Denim cardstock
Outdoor Denim, Topiary, Slate, Ruby Ink
Stamps Sets: E1027 Framework Alpha and D1570 ProPlayer WOTG (retired)

As always, it's our hope that you'll be inspired as you make your way through our hop.
I'm going to send you on over to the very capable and talented Barbara!

Thanks for hopping with the Rose Blossoms!

8 comments:

  1. I love what you have done with this stamp set! Your use of the arrows on the layout really takes your eyes to the photo. That sweet thank you note is just so adorable! Don't you just love that "thank you" set too? You are making me add some stamps to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a set I've always wondered about. It has been easy for my to pass on because I didn't really get it, until NOW. WOWSERS! Three amazing projects that show just how versatile this set is. I would never be able to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I never know what to do with these sets, and yet you nailed it! These projects are over the top, and I can see how very much you are inspired by the set. Wow, wow, WOW! You are one in a million!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you showed all the different ways you can use this stamp set - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have just helped me! I have been wanting to get this set, but not sure what to do with it. You did a fantastic job with it. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great use of your favorite stamp set. Your layout is just adorable and the way you used the arrows on it are perfect. Your card and bag are so cute too. Beautiful work as always Marg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marg, you are SO talented. I love every single project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All all of these projects are perfect! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!