Sunday, November 16, 2014

Rose Blossom November Blog Hop: Home Decor



+


Welcome to the Holiday Season and to November's Home Decor Blog Hop!

If you came from Lynn's Bungalow (a hard act to follow! love her stuff!) you're on the right path.

Here are your stops along the way:



Thanksgiving is a huge deal in our home. What began as a core family of seven is now a family of seventeen! {add the 6 fur-kids and we have 23!} We are truly blessed and enjoy this day together so much! This is the only family dinner I insist on having everyone seated together and I make sure it's special. Truth be told ... I love setting a table!

Here's a peek at some of what I have in store for my favorite dinner guests:



I love setting a special treat at each place setting and these little Artiste boxes are perfect for the truffles I picked up at my local candy shop. I used each of the beautiful printed papers from the Pathfinding Collection. The boxes are on page 38 and were cut at 4". The Metallic Baker's Twine, Glitter Paper, and Perfect Fit Thanksgiving Stamp Set (B1427) add a touch of shine without taking away from that beautiful paper!


This is what I call "Plate Confetti"! I've been in the market for new dishes but have yet to zero in on a set that really trips my trigger {unless I count the ones that are so far out of my budget it isn't funny!}
So while the search continues, I will use the trusty Corelles that have served my family meals for nearly 30 years (holy-moly-rocky!) I spruce up the table setting by placing themed, random cut, and stamped shapes on the dinner plate. When it's time to dish up, the plate confetti becomes table confetti! Super easy and fun!



The confetti pieces were created using the Harvest Happiness Stamp Set (C1463) and coordinating cuts from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, The large pumpkin was stamped and trimmed from the new "Beyond Measure" stamp (A1160).

Thanks so much for joining our November Blog Hop. 

Your comments are welcome and appreciated by all of us and we hope you join us in December. 

Thanksgiving Blessings to You and Yours!

All supplies by Close To My Heart and available 24/7 on my website



10 comments:

  1. Perfect marg! I would love to be a guest at you table for thanksgiving. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marg! What a beautiful presentation! I love your idea of "plate confetti"...hmmmm, may have to try that. Your boxes are just perfect. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marg....this is the fourth attempt to leave a comment! That's how much I enjoy your ideas....I'm trying to stick with this. I love the "plate/table confetti" idea. Thanks for sharing your projects and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place setting. Your Thanksgiving guests are in for a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plate Confetti ... that's so awesome!!! Martha Stewart can't touch this amazing place setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marg these are fabulous! I'm going to borrow your box ideas for my family this year. (It's the big family gathering with my side.) I see pumpkin cookies finding a nice little home in them. LOVE the plate confetti. I always forget little details like that that just take it up a notch and make the whole table beautiful and fun. Thanks for the inspiration my crafty friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for some ideas for sprucing up my Thanksgiving table, and you just provided me with a bunch of incredible ideas! I love them all, especially because they're simple but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative and what a great idea Marg! Your guests will be so happy! Love the plate confetti. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my golly, what a perfect and simple idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to dine at your house to get one of those adorable truffle boxes! Actually I think I'll just make them for my table because I'm hosting my family here. And the plate/table confetti is such a fun idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!