Saturday, May 31, 2014

All Grown Up

Funny how time flies and your neighborhood transitions from one filled with active growing families to one that boasts empty nests and a much slower pace. The basketball hoops stand unattended in driveways, I haven't heard a garage band rockin' out for years, and the annual picnic has become a wine & beer tasting event!

This realization came about recently as I was making cards for a few upcoming weddings. As in ... the weddings for kids I saw get on the school bus, play t-ball, form a band (and I use the word "band" loosely), attend prom, graduate, move away from home, and now .... marry and start families. Wow. Time does fly.

Enough already. Here's a card I made for a neighbor girl. I loved her invitation and used it as inspiration to create a coordinating card:


I loved dressing up those little Artbooking people!


Supplies used:
Champagne, Black, Ruby cardstock
Champagne, Ruby inks
Clear Sparkles
Artbooking Cartridge
D1540 and B1438 stamps sets

{Thanks for stopping by!}

1 comment:

  1. Very hip card! Your post got me to thinking about the neighbors. We used to be the "young ones" but several of the elders have moved on or moved out and now we're the "oldies". LOL It is nice to hear and see kids playing outside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!